6/20 – Saturday: Shabbat
- 8:00 – Breakfast
- 10:30 – Services at Kehilat Haderech
|--Shabbat R&R
- 6:00 – Discussion on their Reflections of what they have learned so far
- 6:30 – Parashah Study & Talmid Study
- 7:00 – Tomb of Rambam
- 8:00 – Hangout and Dinner in Tiberius
Well, last night was definitely a "low point" of the trip. The girls' room was filled with a disgusting infestation when we returned from erev Shabbos dinner: ROACHES!! We had to move all of our things to a new room. It was terrifying for me, because insects are my greatest fear in life. That's right - robbers, terrorists, animals, and heights do not compare to creepy crawlies.
A good thing came out of the experience: we were upgraded to a suite. It has nice views and LOTS of space. It's a serendipitous place to stay. After waking up and going to services today, we returned for a hummus/pita lunch. We continued our restful Shabbat with a few hours to ourselves. I spent the time writing letters and relaxing.
Something very special happened: It rained during the summer in Galilee. If you recall back to my second blog post, I showed a picture of Chicago rain - remarking that I wouldn't see rain in Israel. It's the equivalent to seeing snow in July back in Ohio. It was at that moment I considered where I was, and how truly special it is to spend time in Israel. I finally realized where I was. With only about ten days left in this trip, I can already feel myself starting to miss everything. I've gotten used to the breathtaking scenery and ancient mounts. I haven't left, and I already know I'm coming back.
Finally, we concluded the day by getting a Saint Paul fish from the Galilee. We walked around Tiberus for a bit, and just explored the sea side. Tomorrow it's back to our Israeli sight-seeing!
 |
| Shabbat Shalom! |
 |
| Our Balcony |
 |
| Dining Area |
 |
| My very own room |
 |
| Rambam's Tomb |
 |
| Galilee |
 |
| My Dinner |
 |
| The Restaurant |
 |
| Summer Rain in Israel! |
No comments:
Post a Comment