June 8, 2015

Jam-Packed Day 1 - Jerusalem

I am barely awake enough to write about what happened today - just like everyone else in my group, who are sleeping soundly - but even jet lag cannot stop me! I have yet to process everything I've seen, because Rabbi Gliebe planned a very dense day:
  • 10:30 – Arrive in Israel
  • 11:30 – Shacharit on the Road – Shehechiyanu Blessing on first sight of Jerusalem 
  • 12:30 – Mt of Olives Overlook of the City of Jerusalem 
  • 1:00 – Check in at place of stay
  • 2:00 – Walk to the Western Wall & Prayer (Quick Kosher Pizza Lunch in the Jewish Qtr)
  • 3:30 – Church of the Holy Sepulcher 
  •  5:30 – Dinner at Pinati – King George St #13

    Luckily, we will be revisiting most of the places again for a second opportunity to take it all in. Tomorrow we are spending more time in the Old City! Stick around to see if I survive another day of trying to keep up with Rabbi Gliebe. 

Mount of Olives - Our First Stop



Mt. of Olives - Group shot
Aroma Coffee -- DELICIOUS! 
My Bed! ...zzz




1 comment:

  1. Wishin' I'd actually gotten the coffee last time I was there.

    ReplyDelete