- 9:00 - Katzrin: Golan Archeological Museum
- 10:00 - Gamla & Shacharit
- 1:30 - Mount Bental; Syrian border
- 3:00 - Nimrod's Castle
- 4:30 - Mall, Coffee Break, Post Office
- 6:00 - Dinner with Askin family
Hiking and nice views: two things that mostly sum up my day.
Gamla was a steep mount, but the top was worth it (maybe).
Nimrod's castle was an interesting sight to see. Much of the structure was ancient and preserved.
We went to the border of Syria, where we could hear explosions and see evidence of war. I had the chance to meet three UN soldiers, who were on lookout. They were observing the war from Mount Bental and reporting back whatever news they observed. It was dark and windy outside, oddly chilly.
We had a nice dinner this evening with a family who recently made Aliyah. They candidly shared with us some of the struggles they've had since making Aliyah, and also some high points. It opened my eyes to the struggles of immigrants, and I know I'll treat foreigners differently back in America.
The drive home from Tiberius was down a mountain overlooking the city. Nighttime was filled with city lights, in contrast with the rugged mountainside. My camera couldn't even capture it. I was in awe, and then I was saddened. How could I ever explain how it looked? What words do you use to tell about scenery? I haven't seen a view akin to that before. I will miss Israel.
![]() |
| Agenda! |
![]() |
| Gamla |
![]() |
| Gamla |
![]() |
| Gamla (our view during Shacharit) |
![]() |
| There were vultures flying around Gamla! |





No comments:
Post a Comment