June 27, 2015

Day 18 - Mitzvah Project; Last Day in Akko

B'hai Gardens
6/25 – Thursday: Mitzvah Project


  • 7:30 – Breakfast
  • 7:30 – Shachait – Read Luke 18
  • 9:00 – Meeting with Eitan Shishkoff or Avishalom at Center
  • 10:00 – Mitzvah Project, Tents of Mercy
  • 5:00 – B'Hai gardens, Haifa
  • 8:00 – Dinner with Pfeffer's 



Today was a good day. We spent less time on ourselves, and more time into the Land. We volunteered at Tents of Mercy, an organization who helps newly immigrated people who are having a financially hard time. My group painted walls - not to brag, but I did two and a half walls in 2hrs. We had a blast! Afterwards we had Lamb Shawarma, which is always good.

Next stop was the B'hai gardens in Haifa. It's a really nice place. We grabbed an aroma coffee (I will miss those when I'm home!). The gardens were very pristine.

Dinner was spent at the Pfeffer home, along with some others who made Aliyah. They cooked us New York style pizza, homemade. It was a time of good food and fellowship.When we returned, I was so tired, I went directly to sleep. Goodnight, Akko.


Painting

Sarah painting




The Dream Team painters
Shawarma Lunch!

B'hai Gardens
B'hai Gardens
(I got that shirt from the Mitzvah Project, FYI)


Aroma Coffee
(this was in a unisex bathroom - weird!)
Rooftop View of Akko
Laila Tov

No comments:

Post a Comment