June 16, 2015

Day 9 - Red & Dead

6/16 – Tuesday: Eilat & Dead Sea

  • 9:00 – Breakfast  (they close breakfast at 9:30)
  • 10:00 – Shacharit – Luke 10
  • 11:00 – Hang Out at Coral Beach Nature Preserve: Lunch at the Beach & Snorkel
  • 2:00 – Travel North to Masada
  • 4:30 – Dip in the Dead Sea at Ein Bokek Beach
  • 6:00 – Arrive at Masada Youth Hostel – Dinner and pool
  • 9:30 – Lights Out!

The day began with a real Israeli breakfast, with many foods that typically belong on my lunch or dinner plate. There was even chocolate cake... yum!

We snorkeled in the Red Sea today - I LOVED IT! I saw so many fishes and colors. I didn't realize that such bright pinks and deep blues could all exist in one place. I feel as though my spectrum of colors has broadened. It's hard to imagine the Red Sea (known as the Sea of Reeds here) was once parted by Moses. Everything was gorgeous; it was like nothing I've done before.

After that, we drove to the Dead Sea and took a dip. I couldn't imagine so much salt in one place until I was there. It tasted awful and was unexpectedly warm. I sneaked a bottle of sand/salt home with me.

Finally, we crashed at a youth hostile in Masada. We swam in a pool among the desert mountains. It was very refreshing, to say the least. Afterwards, we spent time reflecting on our trip so far, and read scripture. Tomorrow we hike up Masada at 4:30 AM - I was born ready.
Red Sea

Red Sea Snorkel


Dead Sea

Dead Sea Float 

Israeli Breakfast

Reflection

Scripture / Parasha

Sarah & I

Refelctions...

my current room's view of Masada

Lunch at the Beach!

And we're off to Masada!



No comments:

Post a Comment